Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fireside Chat


I believe that this last assignment was one of the coolest activities and experience I’ve had during this year. It took me a while to figure it out what belief and story I would say to the class, because I think I have many beliefs, and many stories, so I wanted to share something appropriate that could transcend.  Once I figure the topic and the style, I thought that talk about my traditions, and background would be interesting to share with my good class.  I decided to dance because body language can be as powerful as any other kind of language. Combining my black and white video with me dancing was a melancholic way to introduce my topic about the importance of traditions.
“I believe in the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, I believe in the power of traditions.”
I only focus my performance on one tradition, maybe a different one to the rest of the class, but with this I only wanted to point out that my tradition can be a powerful as any other tradition.

For the rest of the presentations, I’m speechless; they were so thoughtful and clever. I think that we all try to do our best, and if bearing our souls was necessary we did that.  I’m so grateful that we were in a safe environment in which we all felt comfortable to share sacred things for us. There were some performances that were very simple in terms of media use. Although, the story and content of the information was so rich! Probably anything else could have polluted the whole thing. I enjoy doing this presentation, and also I believe I got to know better each one of my classmates. A couple of times during the performances, my heart rejoiced for the wonderful amount of truth in only one room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment