Friday, November 2, 2012

Webspina

Restaurant

http://www.inbflat.net/

Ode to salt

American Sabor


Webspinna was the BOMB! I had to confess the process of looking for different sounds took me more than I expected because I started listening a wide range of different sounds, and later I realize that I got nothing… After having fun with my homework I started to feel very frustrated because I couldn’t find something that show something that I wanted to shared with the class. I finally decided to kept it simple and I used the sound of a restaurant, bflat.com website with a poem of Pablo Neruda “Ode to Salt.” After that, I utilize some tropical rhythm to complement this more reflective and calm moment with a “Murga sound” or a Latin rhythm.  Making the transition was really hard, but I tried to kept the flow of the whole piece as part of a whole in the class, and furthermore ending with some restaurant sounds. My piece was about: a different culture, food, and serenity. I looked at these elements to balance my composition and also a way to portrait the importance of balance in life.

Even though I rehearse a couple of times before “performing,” it was a bit difficult to manage to control volume the mouse and other buttons to push and to make things work.  I realize how well some of my dear classmates did, there were some remarkable presentations for me as was Camlyn. I believe her presentation told me a lot about herself, with some blues and street sounds, I kind of went to Chicago or a big city in a small neighborhood with her presentation. Daniel’s webspinna was very intense, and I was glad to hear that kind of intensity and almost pain on his selection of sounds, I found that there is a lot of energy and constrained in Dan’s personality. I believed art can be a great mirror, or maybe an exit to show feelings and maybe  a different reality in a healthy perspective, even though it can get us out of our comfort zone.   Kristin did an amazing job on mixing sounds, as well as Scott.  There where other presentations that were plain fun such as Gina’s webspinna that made me want to dance, and actually I did dance on my chair though, but still isn’t it? I really enjoyed the informality of the event, as well as the respect of most of our classmates, staying and paying attention to the different presentations. Now I wonder how really sound the whole piece… I think we should all have it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment